Author Sue C. Medcalf does Guest Speaker Talks & Workshops (Click Here for more information)
The series of books came from a conversation with my sister, who had badgers digging up her back garden and asked me if I knew how to discourage them from digging!! I did some research on badgers and became hooked on them!
Born in Bedford (UK) the eldest of four, Sue left school at sixteen with no formal qualifications. Ever since her passion has been her family and she now has two adult sons and eight wonderful grandchildren. Until now the family and work had been too demanding to commit to writing a book.
With the family all grown up she put pen to paper, finding the experience to be rewarding and therapeutic, Sue is now involved in an ongoing writing project, capitalising on her interest and research into badgers and wildlife in general, along with their behaviour and habitat.
Sue hopes that the books will inspire and encourage children (of all nationalities), people with learning difficulties or disabilities, and young offenders to enjoy and learn from reading.
The family moved from Bedford to Taunton in Somerset over 20 years ago, thereby enriching her understanding and enjoyment of nature and the countryside. The conflict between the need for housing development and wildlife has been motivational to her writing.
Key Selling Points
- Observations of topical issues experienced in modern society
- To try and encourage children’s imagination
- To help children to care about people and our surroundings
- To bring humour to our everyday lives
- To encourage parents to educate their children from a different perspective
- Helping children to enjoy learning about difficult situations